Parents’ duty – sign up
Parents’ duty is a very important part of the operation of our school.
Without this cooperation and assistance we cannot ensure the safety of the children and the smooth operation of the school.
Each family is required to be on duty three times during the school year. The rules of parents’ duty are described in the School Regulations and state that:
- Parents/legal guardians are required to be on duty as follows:
a. Three duty sessions per year for parents whose children attend classes nursery through to III gim
b. Parents whose children attend classes IV gim and A-levels are exempt from duty
c. Parents who are Board members are exempt from duty
d. Parents who perform services to the school as determined by the Board are exempt from duty
e. Parents who are teachers or hold the position of headteacher or deputy headteacher are exempt from duty
2. The duty period is from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
3. Parents on duty on the day are required to be on time. Children may be left in the dining room from 8:30 under the supervision of the teacher on duty.
4. If a parent is unable to be on duty, he/she is obliged to arrange for a substitute person and inform the member of the Board of Management who is in charge of the Parents’ duty about the change no later than 24 hours before the scheduled date.
5. If one duty is missed the deposit will be forfeited and any further missed duty will incur a penalty of £50, after which the parent will be required to pay a new deposit.
6. The parents on duty report to the administrator and are required to carry out the tasks assigned to them.
7. For safety reasons, small children cannot be brought on duty.
Sign-up for parents’ duty!
Sign-ups for parents’ duty are conducted before the end of each school year. Sign-ups are done by completing an online form, a link to which will be emailed to you.
Three separate online forms must be completed – each for one of three Saturdays of your choice. Duty slots will be assigned automatically on a first-come, first-served basis. If you do not receive a slot on your chosen date, please complete another form.
NOTE: Due to the Covid-19 Coronavirus pandemic, duty slots are assigned by the Organizing Officer. For information on duty slots and assigned dates, please email [email protected]
Thank you for your support.